Thursday 28 February 2013

Long time, no ocean!

Hello again! It has been too long since my last post, but I have to say that I've been quite busy lately. I haven't been tying much flies in a few weeks but I finally sent the order to CTS for the blanks. They should arrive to Finland in mid march. Then I just have to ship the blanks to the owners all over the country.

I ordered 3 blanks for myself and 1 for my father for his 50th birthday. For him I'm gonna build a 7'9" #3 fiberglass rod since he prefers a bit slower action. I'm thinking of a birch bark grip maybe... Something nostalgic for the old man.

For myself I am buildin a 9' #8, 12'6" #8-9 double hander and a 10'6" #8 switch. Tools for the trip to Canada. Also I will propably use the single hander for pike back home.

I have been tying some slinky pike flies for the spring season and the color range will be broader than last year. I will post some pictures later.

-Niilo

No comments:

Post a Comment